The Lemonade Diet, also known as the “master cleanse”, is a diet that cleanses your body while becoming healthy and losing an extreme amount of weight. The diet, which takes place over the course of a week, detoxes your body with the lemon’s antioxidants and vitamins. This is why it’s so important to eat a large amount of citrusy fruits like limes, lemons, grapefruit, kiwi and oranges.
This recently resurfaced diet is not new. Stanley Burroughs first created the diet 50 yrs ago. The diet rids your body of toxic materials, which in turn expedites your weight loss. This happens because of the large calorie intake consumed in a short period of time, therefore resulting in massive weight loss. The diet was recently brought new popularity by Beyoncé Knowles, a popular singer, when she claimed that after just 2 weeks she lost 20 pounds. Other popular entertainment figures such as Jared Leto and Naomi Campbell have also been rumored to have done the diet. Jared was said to have lost as much as 62 pounds, while Naomi appeared to keep her figure by doing the diet three times a year. This Master Cleanse has been the go to diet for people hoping to lose weight quickly in a short time for parties, dinner, and those awful high school reunions. It helps people look their best with very little effort.
Lemon Detox Explained: The Lemon Detox is a 2 week detox diet that requires a very specific amount of liquids such as lemons, water, cayenne peppers and maple syrup. To avoid dehydration, it should be done for a maximum of 2 weeks. This will allow for a maximum detox of toxin buildup that will also flush your system.
- 2 tablespoons (tsp) lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 8 ounces (oz) hot water (purified, spring; not distilled)
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp) maple syrup (genuine grade B w/no artificial flavors)
- 1/10 teaspoon (tsp) cayenne pepper (preferably powder)
- The best types of lemons are fresh. They retain the most antioxidants at room temperature (unless bought in bulk, then you may wanna pop some in the fridge).
- You should be drinking 6 to12 glasses of the lemonade per day.
- To help fight hunger, drink the lemonade right away so that the pepper does not set, and so that the drink does not get too spicy.
- In addition to the diet, you should also add a natural colonic or laxative such as 1 teaspoon of unrefined and non-iodized sea salt combined with 30 ounces (oz) of water. You can also drink herbal tea.
- You should prepare for the diet by cutting processed foods, meat and dairy.
- When finishing the diet you should again prepare your body by eating whole food once more, to prevent dizziness and nausea.